- 1 Rules and Guidelines
- 2 Ban Evasion
- 3 Reporting Players
- 4 Random Death Match
- 5 Vehicle Death Match
- 6 Exploiting
- 7 Combat Logging
- 8 General Trolling & Harassment
- 9 Admin Events
- 10 Racism
- 11 Real Estate
- 12 Meta Gaming / Stream Sniping
- 13 Side Chat Spam
- 14 Ghosting
- 15 Helicopters
- 16 Car Accidents
- 17 Bounty Sharing
- 18 Real World Trading
- 19 APD Matters
- 20 Disclaimer
- 21 Appeals
- 22 Server Rules Updates
Rules and Guidelines
This is provided as an easy way to see all the different posted server rules but should not be considered official. Changes to rules will always be posted on the fourms.
Respect your fellow players and admins.
The Administrators of the Asylum servers are all volunteers who freely donate their time to help keep the servers running, fun, and free of those who would break the rules listed below.
Your fellow players are what make Asylum what it is. We will not tolerate harassment, disrespect, or personal attacks against any member of our community.
If you would like to report an Admin, please contact the Owners, Developers, and/or the Community Manager. If you wish to report a player, use the appropriate forum.
Evading any ban by using another account, or aiding players to do so will result with up to a permanent ban from the community. The ban system is not to be bypassed.
If you wish to report someone for a rule-infraction, create a support ticket on the Asylum Forums.
If you are unsure on how to report a player, use this Reporting guide.
Random Death Match
Do not Random Deathmatch (RDM)
RDM is killing/downing another player without any type of HOSTILE role-play being initiated or giving a player a reasonable amount of time for them to react to your demands.
- Intentions must be clearly stated to the intended target, and they MUST be given reasonable time to react. Text messages through phone to the player is an allowed method of starting RP.
- No type of initiation may be done through direct, side chat, or vehicle chat via typing.
- Revenge killing is NOT a form of role-playing reasoning.
- RDM rules do NOT apply within Illegal Areas.
- You must make sure you have the volume of your in-game effects turned up! This is the sound level for your direct communication. VON is used for Vehicle, Group, and Side.
- If a player complies and does what you ask, you must further the RP before you are able to kill them. (For example, if someone follows directions and puts their hands up, you must come up with an alternative reason for killing them, before you can kill them.)
- If a player knowingly enters an active firefight they do so at their own risk.
- Entering another player's vehicle should be done at your own risk, as they are able to shoot you if you do.
Vehicle Death Match
Do not Vehicle Deathmatch (VDM)
VDM is using your vehicle as an OFFENSIVE weapon.
- Dropping a sling loaded vehicle from a helicopter to intentionally kill a player or cause destruction by "bombing" them is also considered VDM and is not allowed.
- Armored Vehicles may be used in an offensive manner against ONLY other armored vehicles. (Strider/Hunter/Ifrit) due to the difficulty in stopping those types of vehicles
- You may hit a player with your vehicle only if they are firing at you, AND blocking your direct path of travel. You may not maneuver to intentionally hit a player.
- Intentional contact between vehicles that directly causes loss of life, or the disablement or destruction of the vehicle is considered VDM. Also, repeated attempts at intentional contact that fail to cause immediate injury or loss will also be considered VDM since it's clear of the intent behind the actions.
- Knowingly using a bug or glitch to your advantage or another's detriment is not allowed.
- Making items duplicate is an advantage to yourself and will get you banned.
- The use of an increased DPI in order to avoid a fight or death or any other situation where the unnatural movement speeds would impede an interaction or immersion is not allowed and will not be tolerated.
- Doing anything while downed/restrained (e.g. leaving/driving a vehicle, dropping items, moving around, etc.) is considered exploiting.
- Entering a player's house by any means other than through an unlocked/open door is an exploit.
- Hiding in places that conceal your player in a manner that is not intended such as, in rocks, sandbags, vehicles, static objects (crashed helis and vehicles placed) ect.
- The unflip option cannot be used to elevate any vehicle to any position in which it is not able to be driven to.
- Dropping Y inventory to prevent other players from climbing ladders, entering doors, or to block roadways is not allowed.
Do not exit the game, return to lobby, or respawn (suicide button) to avoid a role-play situation.
Another player breaking the rules does not give you the right to combat log.
This rule also applies to storing vehicles. This includes, but is not limited to, being engaged in a firefight, being chased, or having your vehicle stolen after you pull it from the garage.
General Trolling & Harassment
- Excessive trolling and harassment can be a bannable offense! Don’t be a dick!
- Wearing a gang tag for a gang in which you are not in will result in admin action. This is being implemented to reduce the confusion during initation, gang wars, etc. It should go without mentioning that this has the potential to negatively impact a gangs reputation if unauthorized users are representing a gang's tag.
This falls under the "Don't be a dick" clause. Admins do events to create fun for the community. If you deliberately attempt to ruin or get in the way expect action to be taken at the admins discretion.
Racism is against the rules, in and out of character.
Asylum offers a public forum to conduct, out of game, real estate transactions for in-game money.
- Scamming other players via the forum or in-game for real estate transactions is not allowed.
- A player may only own 5 houses per server. Attempting to bypass this will result in removal of houses with no compensation provided. Continuing to bypass will result in disciplinary action being taken.
Meta Gaming / Stream Sniping
Do not use another players stream to find out where they are or what they are doing without the specific streamers permission.
The use of external 3rd party knowledge of another players actions and/or location to benefit yourself is against the rules.
Side Chat Spam
Do NOT spam on Side Chat!
No voice on side chat as well as promoting other servers of any kind! This is the same during server restarts.
Using the multi-server system with syncing to give you or your allies an advantage in any way.
With regard specifically to Cartels, if you, or your gang, is found logging in within 1 Kilometer to take or stop a attack, if sufficient evidence is present this will be bannable.
- Impeding the flight path of a helicopter with another helicopter is not allowed on Asylum. Hovering over a helicopter trying to take off is not allowed.
- If your helicopter touches another helicopter and it is determined the incident was not a simple accident, then you are guilty of VDM regardless of the outcome of the incident.
- Warning shots are allowed against helicopters that are attempting to land or hover near your position.
- If the helicopter does not leave the area after multiple warning shots, you may attempt to disable the helicopter.
If you get in a car accident with another car ( civ or cop) you would still need to initiate RP before you can shoot the people in the other car.
- Sharing any part of your profit from bounty hunting with your bounty target is not allowed.
- While game mechanics do not currently prevent this from happening, it is still not allowed. Any money received from doing so will be removed from your account, and disciplinary action being taken.
- Please note that if you break multiple rules, you may be punished for all infractions on our servers.
Real World Trading
Real world trading of in-game items such as currency or items is strictly forbidden under Bohemia Interactive Monetization Rules. Both parties involved will be permanently banned from the server.
Administrators have the right to place bans for things that are not necessarily written that we feel to be toxic or threatening to the community.
Any questions, please contact the Admin team.
- Failure to follow the format may impede the time it takes to find and resolve your appeal.
Server Rules Updates
Server rules update log: link.