Getting Started in the Settings
Before you start hunting, hit Y to open the phone, and then press "Settings"->"Enable Ambient Life" This way the animals will appear on your screen.
The hunting grounds now contains a store with plenty of outdoor supplies, such as hunting firearms, food, tents, campfires, and skinning knives.
This serves as a great start for new players who wish to get a foothold in the server with a relatively risk free experience.
To begin your career as a Hunter you will need:
- Any weapon of choice with plenty of ammo. There is a weapon shop located at the center.
- Vehicle of choice - New players will tend to use the Offroad. Used to store meat.
- Backpack - Will allow you to carry more meat on your person.
- Skinning Knife $100 - Can be bought at the hunting grounds.
- Campfire $500 - Can be bought at the hunting grounds.
The Hunting Grounds are located north of Athira, slightly south west of the northern Rebel Outpost. It is marked as a yellow circle.
Pull or buy a vehicle from Athira DMV and drive 3.7 Km up to the Hunting Grounds.
Hunting & Gathering/Selling the Animals.
- This is how the animals will look like.
Below outlines the steps for Legal animal hunting.
- Locate the animals by searching in the forest. The lookout towers are a great way to spot them.
- Shoot the animal.
- Skin the animal using the scroll wheel option.
- Place down a camp fire by using it from your virtual inventory.
- Using the scroll wheel, cook all your raw meat.
After all of your meat has been cooked, take the Cooked Dog Meat to Wongs Food and Liquor to be sold. Be careful, the Wong's building is an Illegal RDM zone. (Dog Meat is Illegal). The rest of your Cooked Meats, will be sold at the Market, there is a market in every major city yet the one in Athira is the closet. Pull your truck in behind the building and sell quickly! Athira is a dangerous place for new players and the potential to be robbed is signifigant.
Varied - Profit varies on the type of animal meats you sell, especially if you cook them for maximum profit.
This can further be increased by selling illegal dog meat.
- Always cook your meat, although you can sell it raw, cooked meat will triple or quadruple your profits.
- Be careful when hunting dogs. Although their meat sells for much more, if caught by the police, you will be charged with possession of protected animal meat.
- Avoid killing and skinning chickens as their profit to weight ratio is worse than the other animals.
- Avoid hunting with a bounty, as it is easy for police and bounty hunters to capture you out in the open.
- The hunting grounds are located near a Rebel Outpost and Cocaine Processing, both heavy traffic areas, so be careful of player encounters.